Dynamic Security Solutions - Open Systems
Using solutions built on industry standards is a natural extension of our long-term commitment to provide good advice. History is replete with stories showing the great impact that standards have on marketplaces. Anyone who has owned and maintained proprietary hardware can re-count that selections improve and prices decrease when productive standards reach the market and the proprietary solutions give way to more inter-operable solutions. Imagine trying to navigate the world of digital music without the MP3 standard!
There is no such thing as 100% open or 100% closed. Everything is in degrees. We research and keep abreast of the market with the intent to ensure we are positioned to deliver the best solutions with a long future ahead of them. Because Dynamic Security Focuses on Open we are able to offer some distinct advantages:
- More choices –
- Multiple, interoperable hardware platforms.
- Users have the freedom to select from among a field of equipment which meets their needs.
- Higher speed of innovation –
- Software developers who focus on open solutions are highly motivated to integrate their products with the most innovative hardware products on the market.
- By contrast, closed-architecture suppliers are incentivized to disregard these innovations which often cannibalize sales of existing products in their line.
- Open products can achieve a higher level of function with less development and less cost to users.
- The size of this gap will continue to widen in the future
What is Open? The Encarta website contains over 7 pages of definitions! So much has been made of this word that it is necessary to explain exactly what we mean. To us at Dynamic, “open” embodies four concepts:
- Products that are inter-operable
- Solutions that enable a wider range of current and future choices
- Technology that can be expanded while preserving invested capital
- Services and business practices that enable client choice